Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management reflects the role of individuals who apply specialised knowledge and skills, together with experience in leadership and management, across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level use initiative and judgement to plan and implement a range of leadership and management functions, with accountability for personal and team outcomes within broad parameters.
They use cognitive and communication skills to identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources and transfer their knowledge to others, and creative or conceptual skills to express ideas and perspectives or respond to complex problems.
- 12 months – Full time
- 24 months – Part time
Delivery Mode and Location
- Face to Face (classroom based) at Level 1, 22 Somerton Road, Somerton, VIC 3062
To be awarded BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management, an applicant must achieve competency in a total of 10 units of competency, comprising of five (5) core units and five (5) elective units.
The five (5) core units are as follows:
- BSBCRT611 Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving
- BSBLDR601 Lead and manage organisational change
- BSBLDR602 Provide leadership across the organisation
- BSBOPS601 Develop and implement business plans
- BSBSTR601 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
The five (5) elective units are as follows:
- BSBHRM614 Contribute to strategic workforce planning
- BSBPMG633 Provide leadership for the program
- BSBSTR602 Develop organisational strategies
- BSBSUS601 Lead corporate social responsibility
- BSBHRM613 Contribute to the development of learning and development strategies
Course Entry Requirements
Entry to this qualification is limited to those who:
- Have completed a Diploma or Advanced Diploma from the BSB Training Package (current or superseded equivalent versions). or
- Have two years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience in an operational or leadership role in an enterprise.
Applicant must also satisfy the Academic Suitability Requirements and complete a Pre-Training Review.
1. Academic Suitability Requirements
To meet the Academic Suitability Requirements, applicant must satisfy one of the following:
- Provide a copy of a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education that has been awarded to the student by an agency or authority of a State or Territory for the student’s completion of year 12; or
- Undertake an approved LLN test and demonstrate competence at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) in both reading and numeracy; or
- Provide a copy of a certificate that a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) has been awarded to the student by a body registered to award the qualification in the AQF in Australia and the qualification was delivered in English.
2. Pre-Training Review Requirement
The purpose of the PTR is to ensure that the student understands the responsibilities, obligations and rights related to applying for and obtaining a VET Student Loan. Part of the process of the PTR is for the assessor to explain to the student all items contained within the PTR checklist.
A key component being that the student is required to complete an LLN activity to assess their language, literacy and numeracy ability to complete the course (unless otherwise satisfied in accordance with Rule 80 of the VET Student Loans Rules 2016.
The results of the LLN should be discussed with the prospective student during the PTR Interview. The results of assessing a student’s competence in reading and numeracy under the procedure must be reported:
(a) to the student as soon as practicable after the assessment; and
(b) to the Secretary in the form, manner and by the time requested by the Secretary.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Recognition
Your existing skills, knowledge and experience can help you get a recognised qualification or competency for some of the Unit of Competency, through an assessment process called Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). You could be granted competency in full or part of a qualification, saving you valuable time and money, while enhancing your career prospects.
The process could suit you if you have:
- Paid or unpaid work experience
- Prior formal training
- Skills and knowledge gained on the job
- Counselling work experience
- Short course and work-based learning
- Trade skills
- Other life experience
Credit transfer is one of several processes for establishing credit. It provides a means for an applicant to gain credit in an AQF qualification on the basis of completed components of another AQF qualification or other formal learning.
The credit transfer process involves:
- Mapping, comparing and evaluating the extent to which the learning outcome, discipline content and assessment requirements of the individual components of one qualification are equivalent to the learning outcomes, discipline content and assessment requirements of the individual components of another qualification, and
- Making a judgment about the credit to be assigned between the matched components of the two qualifications.
Total Course Fees
Total course fees for BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management is $10,813.00. Breakdown of the total course fees is as following:
- Tuition fees: $10,813.00
- Non-tuition fees: $0.00
- Total course fees: $10,813.00
Payment options for Total course fees are as follows:
- Up-front payments for Total course fees
- Initial deposit with payment plan
- VET Student Loans (Only applicable to eligible applicant’s, for more information please visit Department of Education, Skills and Employment website https://www.dese.gov.au/vet-student-loans/vet-information-students or contact Student Administration Team of Infinity Institute Australia.)
Listed below are some examples of career pathways after successful completion of BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management, but are not limited to:
- Community and Personal Service Workers